For Families

Child Care Resource and Referral programs help families find and evaluate child care, learn about child care regulations, and develop an understanding of child care services.


Paying for Child Care

The Best Beginnings Child Care Scholarship is a program that helps working families pay for child care. Available from every child care resource and referral office in Montana, the scholarship is available to working families whose income is at or below 150% of Federal Poverty Guidelines, or who receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). Families receiving the scholarship must use licensed, registered, or legally certified child care, and participate in the cost of child care by paying a monthly copayment based on income.

Finding Child Care

Regional child care resource and referral programs can help you find child care. Contact a referral specialist at one of our member offices directly to find child care in your area to meet your needs.

Our member organizations maintain a referral database with information about area child care programs to help you search. We encourage every parent to contact the child care licensor in your area about all facilities being considered.

All child care resource and referral offices can help you know what to look for when considering child care programs. Our members have information on child development, quality child care, and more!

When You're Concerned

If you've visited a child care facility, or if you are already enrolled, and you have a concern about your provider, please contact your local licensing worker.

You may also fill out an online complaint form. Remember, your licensing worker cannot investigate your concern if you do not inform them!

Learn what licensors have discovered during unannounced visits to any licensed child care facility. You'll need the name of the person who holds the license, the name of the facility, or the PV# which is the license number. For more help, contact your regional CCR&R.